BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Church

Andy started walking at 9 months and running at 11. Unfortunately he hasn't stopped running since then and church is an absolute disaster and doesn't seem to be getting any better. Every week I pack a bag full of great quiet activities from magnetic books to sticker books, slinky's to snacks. I don't think I have high expectations. He doesn't have to sit on my lap, but just stay in our row. I am ok taking him out to the hall but can't we stay in the meeting for 10, 5 or even 2 minutes. Lately he starts getting rowdy during the opening song. That is about 20 seconds into the meeting. This last week we hadn't even made it to our seats and he had started screaming. Within about 12 minutes he managed to pull the woman's hair in front of us (hard), throw his crackers all over the ground and jump on them before I could even grab him and then while we were trying to clean up his mess he slipped past Kent's hands and ran up to the front stand. Kent went after him and Andy decided it was a game, Kent would go one way, Andy would go another. It took him about 2 minutes to get him off the stand. After this he was banished to the hall for good. Kent and I come home totally exhausted, sweaty and ready for a nap. I need to take some before and after shots. They would be hilarious.

4 comments:

Panda said...

i am still laughing! i can just imgine kent having to try and get him...ha! (sounds like jack is on that track..not so funny anymore! :-))

Winters Outloud said...

Too funny! I would have loved to have been there!

Mike and Shelby said...

You poor thing, I feel your pain! Lauren ran across the stand once...the bishop reported that she gave him a big smile as she passed him. Although, this is entertaining for us to read and for those watching in your ward, I am sure YOU were not laughing! (Just know that most people are NOT judging YOU-most of them are thinking "Glad that's not me-becuase it easily could be!")

I know MY parents used to take us in the hall/empty room and hold us in their laps...I hear stories of how tightly I had to be held a few times...we had one of two options, either sit quietly in the chapel or sit (practically strapped down!) in their lap with no priviledges. Eventually it sinks in that sitting quietly is way better. But that it lots easier said than done, I know. Good luck! Wish parenting was easier for ALL our sakes!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

I can't wait for those days!!! They should give parents of young children a sabatical from church until each child turns 5. HA HA :)