BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ouch!

While at this cabin with Kent's family, we decided to go on a little horseback riding, trail ride. Kent was back at work so I left Sadie with Kent's mom and Andy came with us but went on a walk with Kent's dad while we went riding. About half way into the ride, the horse in front of me moved off to the side of the trail a little bit and gave a very powerful kick with his hind leg going straight into my leg. Luckily I was able to keep my horse calm and pull it over to the side but I new immediately my leg was very broken. It took about 3 hours to get to a hospital. My tibia was completely broken in half. I am now part robot thanks to a plate and 8 screws in my leg to stabilize the bone. I was told I couldn't walk for 12 weeks. That is a long time with a 4 and 1 year old. My family took the kids back to Cali for a month since I was unable to even get out of bed at first. They come back tomorrow. We are sooo excited. I still have 8 weeks til I can walk and hopefully everything mends properly. What a summer!

2 comments:

mandy said...

i bet you miss those kiddos so much!

Winters Outloud said...

I'm so sorry about your leg~ and I bet it's been lonely without the kids peeing on the floor and other such fun things. I hope having them back has been okay!