BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 3, 2010

Yellowstone

We recently took a little trip with my fam to Yellowstone/Idaho. It brought back so many fun memories going there as a kid. My dad is still the best tour guide.
We got to have our car licked by bears (yes literally, if we had stuck around I am sure they would have gotten on top of it), go to a great performance of Beauty and Beast (it inspired Kent so much he declared he wished he had done a musical in high school - didn't expect that one), explain my sisters indian nickname wampatee (its the indian word for antelope, it means pale rump) and do some great bonding with the fam.

I had been to Yellowstone many times growing up but I had never done it via crutches/wheelchair. It was a new experience. Unfortunately not very conducive to hiking, rafting, canoeing, and fishing. Next time.
Andy was not super impressed with the hot pots. He coined them the stinky pots. And for once he was using the word appropriately and I didn't have scold him for potty talk.
Some places I could just not make to on crutches. I found a bench about half way down this trail and told Kent to go take a nice picture of the waterfall with the kids so I could see it.
Sadie has no fear. Doesn't she look so little sitting on this ride that ends up going way up into the air. Bear World is the best. When the kids have had their fill of bear, moose, buffalo and the petting zoo, they can hit up about 6 little rides that they rode like 500 times.

2 comments:

Winters Outloud said...

Sadie is so cute in that photo! I have yet to meet her... how sad is that? Glad to see you are out and about. I've been thinking about you and hope you are healing... and surviving. Love ya!

mandy said...

are you kidding... that little thing on that huge ride. watch out for her ma-- she's going to be your broken bones girl!