BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

our little picasso

This past weekend we all went to the Museum of Art and had such a great time. There was a children section set up while we were there and the kids were supposed to walk through the museum for inspiration and then could come paint their own bag. So we had to let Andy in on the fun. I didn't bring my camera but the event was hilarious. Andy was wearing this big t-shirt they provided to keep paint on clothes to a minimum. Kent and I were on either side of Andy trying to contain him and he was just diving for the paints. By the end, Kent and I had paint all over our hands and arms and Andy had it on his hands, arms, pants, sweatshirt, face and in his hair. To say Andy was proud of the finished product is an understatement.

The museum had a Native American Art section. Kent and I loved it and it reminded us of all the neat Native American Art we saw on our super fun cruise to Alaska this summer. We've decided when we have an extra $15,000 lying around :), we are going to have a totem pole commissioned in our backyard. We can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Panda said...

Cute! What a fun thing to do! (I have images of Andy covered in mud) ...and I can't wait to see your totem pole!

Nate said...

Nice art work andy! Totem in your yard huh? I can just envision it now.
It would take about 1 minute for andy to have scaled to the top of it and try and jump off . .funny kid